Something unexpected can happen on your PC at any time. While you open email, go through any research paper or even play a game on your computer, you may unexpectedly find a pop-up message warning you that something went wrong and one of your processes crashed. If all of a sudden, your computer crashes, runs slowly or reboots itself, then it is possible that you are the victim of computer virus.
This computer virus is, in fact, a piece of software, which can enter your computer while downloading any file that contains it. If you do have a virus, you should eliminate it as fast as possible, to ensure that your system runs properly. Computer viruses can create chaos on a computer and can harm existing files or even the hardware itself. Viruses can also cause many pop-up ads to appear, slow down the computer’s performance, or steal your personal information, like security passwords or bank account numbers.
However, when your computer has been infected with viruses, you must not worry. There are tried and proven ways of getting rid of viruses. Below you can find a few tips that could help you improve your chances of cleaning your computer.
Tips to get rid of malicious programs:
- Keep away from opening shady e-mail attachments. Viruses generally enter your computer using e-mail attachments and also through temporary files stored on your computer as you access various websites. Therefore, you must open attachments only when you are certain regarding their contents and origins.
- Avoid accessing shady websites, which are infamous for spreading such malicious program. Peer-to-peer systems and pornography websites are usually recognized for distributing a range of viruses that may harm the computer.
- Make certain that a firewall always remains active. Many computers are equipped with a usual firewall program, which can capture the activities on a network of the computer and prevent malware from getting into the system.
- Do not carry infected files or folders back into a clean computer. Carry out a virus scan of your whole computer and any auxiliary storage devices before you back up the files.
- Install any antivirus software from a reputable company like Bitdefender Antivirus on your computer. Scan your PC on a regular basis using an antivirus of your choosing and select a detailed or systematic scan to ensure that the software scans the complete file structure.
Bitdefender Internet Security 2015 is s one of the more popular antivirus programs this year. Installing a Bitdefender program is quite straightforward and easy. Unlike other security suites, it enables to download a setup file by not providing any private information like your name and email address. If you download this setup file, you can then run it. The installer would first examine your machine for threats. After that, it would download the remaining program and update files as necessary to fully install the security system. After installing this program, the application may ask you to make a My Bitdefender accunt. However, it is applicable to those who want to buy a subscription.
Lastly, we should mention that if you cannot follow these tips, you can contact a computer specialist to help you clean up your PC.